Booking and Advisory Services - Terms and Conditions
WHAT WE PROVIDE TO YOU
1. We provide you with Booking & Advisory Services that allow you to acquire a Travel Product from a Third Party Travel Provider. We act as agent for the Third Party Travel Provider.
2. By acquiring Booking & Advisory Services from us, you agree that you have read and understood both these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the Third Party Travel Provider relating to the Travel Product.
You pay us for providing the Booking & Advisory
Services to you.
WHAT THE THIRD PARTY TRAVEL PROVIDER PROVIDES TO YOU
4. Once you have acquired Booking & Advisory Services from us, the Third Party Travel Provider will provide you with the Travel Product on terms and conditions agreed between you and the Third Party Travel Provider.
5. These terms and conditions are available from the Third Party Travel Provider and may include rules and restrictions about the use and availability of products and services, refund and cancellation policies and the limitation or exclusion of liability for death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage.
6. Travel tips relating to Travel Products are set out in the Annexure to these terms and conditions but you should obtain and read all of the Third Party Travel Provider's terms and conditions before acquiring Booking & Advisory Services from us.
7. You pay the Third Party Travel Provider for providing the Travel Product to you.
We do not (and cannot) provide you with the Travel
Product and you do not pay us for acquiring the Travel Product. We also do not
act as your agent when you acquire Booking & Advisory Services from us or a
Travel Product from a Third Party Travel Provider or when you seek a refund
from the Third Party Travel Provider.
WE ARE LIABLE TO YOU FOR BOOKING & ADVISORY SERVICES
9. Because we provide you with Booking & Advisory Services and you pay us for acquiring Booking & Advisory Services, we are liable to you in accordance with these terms and conditions for breaching our obligations in providing the Booking & Advisory Services to you.
10. Subject to the application of consumer guarantees which may be implied into the supply of Booking & Advisory Services to you, we are not otherwise liable to you or anyone else (including for negligence, breach of contract or tort) for any loss or damage (including specific, direct, indirect, consequential, economic loss, incidental damages, lost profits or savings or damages for disappointment) which is suffered directly or indirectly in connection with the:
a. use of (or inability to use) this Website or any linked website;
b. disruption to this Website;
c. the delivery or non-delivery of the Travel Product; or
d. any act or omission of Third Party Travel Providers or other third parties.
11. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude or restrict the application of consumer guarantees under consumer protection laws but we do not give any guarantee or warranty and do not make any representation of any kind, express or implied, with respect to use of this Website or the Booking & Advisory Services supplied by us outside these laws.
information on this Website relating to a Travel Product or a Third Party
Travel Provider is provided by Third Party Travel Providers or other
independent third parties. We are not responsible for and make no warranty or
representation about such information including the standard, class, or
description of accommodation or services provided by Third Party Travel
THE THIRD PARTY TRAVEL PROVIDER IS LIABLE TO YOU FOR THE TRAVEL PRODUCT
13. As agent for the Third Party Travel Provider, we are not liable to you for a breach of obligations by the Third Party Travel Provider in providing you with a Travel Product.
14. The Third
Party Travel Provider is liable to you for a breach of obligations in providing
you with the Travel Product.
MERCHANT/RETAIL TRAVEL PRODUCTS
15. We sell Travel Products in two different ways:
i. as merchant where we take payment directly from you at the time of booking confirmation; and
as retail where your Travel Product will either be
paid to the Third Party Travel Provider directly at the time of booking
confirmation or payable to the Third Party Travel Provider on the date of your
trip. You will be advised of all such amounts during the booking process.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT TERMS
16. The Travel Products offered are subject to availability and can be withdrawn without notice by the Third Party Travel Provider. Travel Products may also change at any time in accordance with the terms and conditions you agree with the Third Party Travel Provider.
17. When making an online booking, you must enter details of each traveller correctly and according to their passport or other identification document. Some Third Party Travel Providers will deny carriage if the traveller's name varies from their booking and may cancel automatically if the traveller's name is amended. We have no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the incorrect entry of a traveller's name or as a result of the Third Party Travel Provider's policies.
18. It is your responsibility to ensure that all details of the booking are correct before proceeding.
19. Travel Products are not guaranteed until payment has been made in full and documents have been processed.
20. It is your responsibility to contact the Third Party Travel Provider prior to departure to ensure there is no change to the scheduled departure time.
21. Most airlines offer only electronic confirmation of your reservation, or 'e-ticketing', on certain routes. We cannot be held responsible if your e-ticket does not arrive due to an incorrect email address or your junk email settings. You must notify us immediately if you change your email address or contact telephone number after making a booking. It is your responsibility to advise us if you have not received your e-ticket confirmation.
22. All pricing on this Website is reflected in Australian Dollars unless otherwise specifically denoted on the screen.
23. All pricing on this Website is inclusive of goods and services tax (GST), or other such value added taxes where applicable.
24. Payments processed in foreign currency (currency other than the original card holders country of issue), may incur a currency conversion fee. Please refer to your financial institution for applicable fees.
25. Payment for Travel Products may be processed directly by our service provider or the Third Party Travel Provider. As a result, your bank statements may display these third party names instead of TWCT Group.
26. An additional fee applies to amounts paid by credit card (1.8% for Visa and Mastercard and 3% for American Express).
27. All charges, including the credit card fees, may be in another currency (eg EUR), which we will provide an estimate for in Australian dollars. The actual amount charged may vary due to differing exchange rates.
DISPATCH & DELIVERY
Upon receipt of your order, we will provide you with an email and tax invoice for processing. Once full payment has been received, we will confirm your itinerary via email. Any e-tickets and/or travel vouchers will be issued via email or hard-copy (if requested) as soon as they are available from the Third Party Travel Provider.
ADDITIONAL AIRLINE CHARGES
Third Party Travel Providers may also charge additional fees for in-flight food
and drink. Please check with the Third Party Travel Provider for full terms and
conditions. The amount of checked baggage you are allowed depends on your class
of travel/destination. Several leading carriers have now introduced additional
charges for checked baggage on either a piece or weight basis. Full details of
each carrier's baggage policy and any applicable fees can be found when making
your reservation by clicking on checked baggage or airline fees.
29. Some Third Party Travel Providers will require an additional charge to be paid locally (e.g. a resort fee) at the time of check in or check out. Please note this amount is in addition to the amount shown during the booking process under the 'total booking cost' amount. If applicable, such amount will be estimated on the trip details page in the 'pricing summary section.'
30. There may be taxes levied abroad but not paid at the point of purchase that are payable in relation to your hotel booking e.g. local taxes, sales tax etc. Any local taxes will be payable by you directly to the Third Party Travel Provider at the time of check-in/checkout.
31. Where we are unable to confirm the initial requested Travel Product, we will call or email you to inform you of the details of alternative Travel Products or lack of availability. At that time you will have the option to accept the alternative Travel Product or get a refund of the total monies paid to us by you for your original booking.
recommend you read the detailed description of the Travel Product including
other applicable policies. For example, you must be at least 21 years old to
check into a Las Vegas hotel.
CHANGES IN PRICE AND ITINERARIES FOR TRAVEL PRODUCTS
33. Prices for Travel Products are provided as a guide only and may vary due to peak demand periods, changes in surcharges, fees or taxes or currency fluctuations.
34. You should check all prices for Travel Products with us before acquiring Booking & Advisory Services. The Third Party Travel Provider may change the price of your Travel Product at any time up to your departure if any new surcharges, fees or taxes are introduced or if any existing surcharges, fees or taxes are varied, even after you have paid all of the quoted price for your Travel Product.
35. In case of an obvious error (including any error in electronic labelling, error in data entry, error of calculation or clerical error) resulting in the display of a price which has obviously been displayed by mistake, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation, even if it was automatically confirmed on our Website. You will be informed of this as soon as possible, to allow you to make a reservation at the correct price, if you wish to. In any case, you will not be entitled to claim compensation from us on the grounds of the cancellation or the related costs, if any, that have been incurred due to an erroneous reservation which has been cancelled.
36. We reserve the right to cancel your booking in the event we have reasonable grounds to believe it is fraudulent. In such circumstances we will attempt to contact you using the email address you provided at the time of booking or your bank. In the event we are not able to contact you or your bank, we may cancel your booking with no liability whatsoever. In the unlikely event that your booking has to be cancelled, a full refund will be made of all monies previously paid to us to the person(s) who originally paid for the booking.
37. If a Third Party Travel Provider changes any part of your booking for reasons beyond its control, for example, if a Third Party Travel Provider changes its schedules, overbooks, or if there are any changes in applicable surcharges, fees or taxes, we will use our reasonable endeavours to notify you. If any such changes result in your Travel Product costing more or otherwise being materially different, then you may cancel the Travel Product and we will refund any monies already paid less any fees charged by us under these terms and conditions and by the Third Party Travel Providers under the terms and conditions you agreed with them.
note that it is the passengers' responsibility to re-confirm all flight
departure times with the relevant airline/s prior to departure. Whilst we will
endeavour to send e-mail notification of any changes to the original itinerary,
we will not be liable for any costs incurred as a result of passengers missing
any flight due to not having re-checked the itinerary prior to departure.
39. We will not provide you with a refund for the Booking & Advisory Services (including credit card fees) if the Travel Product is not used.
40. Refunds for Travel Products are subject to the terms and conditions that you agreed with the Third Party Travel Provider.
41. If the Third Party Travel Provider is required to provide you with a refund for the Travel Product, we will provide you with a refund subject to these terms and conditions including the application of any cancellation fees.
42. Where refunds for unused services are allowed, a service fee may be charged by the Third Party Travel Provider against the value of the refund. Please ensure that, when requesting a refund, you enclose copies of all relevant documentation.
note that most airlines can take 60 – 90 days to process any refund.
44. If you
have a booking for a Travel Product, (including flights and accommodation) but
you do not show up to check-in or otherwise do not avail yourself of such
Travel Product, you will not be entitled to any refund from us. However, you
may be entitled to a refund of any departure tax you may have paid for your
flight (excluding low cost flights).
CANCELLATION AND AMENDMENTS
45. The Third Party Travel Provider may charge cancellation and amendment fees in accordance with the terms and conditions agreed between you and the Third Party Travel Provider.
46. You must call our Customer Service Team to change or cancel your booking. All changes are subject to availability, limitations and restrictions of the relevant Third Party Travel Provider.
47. Most Third Party Travel Providers treat name changes and route and/or itinerary alterations as FULL CANCELLATION and can incur full cancellation charges.
48. The refundable portion of your purchase price (if any) will be refunded to you and to the extent we are refunded by the Third Party Travel Provider, we will pass this refund to you.
49. We will not charge a cancellation or amendment fee if:
(i) You cancel or amend your booking due to a breach by us of our obligations to you or due to our fault; or
(ii) The Third Party Travel Provider cancels your booking for no fault on your part.
review the cancellation policy for your hotel booking for any penalties that
YOUR OBLIGATIONS AND WARRANTIES
51. You warrant to us that: (a) you are at least 18 years old and have the power and authority to enter into a binding contract with us and with the Third Party Travel Providers of the Travel Products that you acquire; (b) the information you provide us about yourself is true, accurate, current and complete (apart from any optional items) as required by any registration process; and (c) you will maintain and promptly update this information to keep it true, accurate and complete.
52. You warrant to us that you have considered acquiring comprehensive travel insurance and we are not responsible for any failure by you to acquire adequate insurance cover.
warrant to us that you will use the Booking & Advisory Services in
accordance with these terms and conditions and you will not use the Booking
& Advisory Services in any way to breach any laws or defame anyone.
THE WEBSITE AND LINKS
54. We may at any time modify these terms and conditions and the changes will come into effect once they are uploaded into this Website. You acknowledge and agree that your continued use of the Booking & Advisory Service is subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time of your use.
55. You acknowledge that the inclusion of links on this Website is not intended as an endorsement or recommendation of any linked website or its content of such sites. We do not guarantee that this Website or any linked website will be free from viruses, or that this Website or any linked website will be uninterrupted.
reserve the right to correct any errors in rates or content quoted or
calculated for any Holiday Package, with immediate effect. We will use our
reasonable endeavours to notify you of such corrections.
acknowledge and agree that we may disclose some or all of your personal
are incorporated into these terms.
JURISDICTION AND LAW
58. Use of
this Website, all matters arising out of or in connection with it and all terms
are governed by the laws applicable in the State of Western Australia. By
accessing this Website, you consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of
the Courts of Western Australia in all matters arising out of or in connection
with your use of this Website and terms.
"We" and "us" means TWCT Group Pty Limited (ABN 21 610 731 701), trading as The Well Connected Traveller.
"You" means any user of this Website and includes any person who acquires a Travel Product (whether or not the Booking & Advisory Services were acquired by another person).
"Booking & Advisory Services" means services provided by us to you in assisting you to acquire a Travel Product from a Third Party Travel Provider and includes advisory and consulting services, making this Website and any software associated with it available to you, and providing a facility to enter into transactions with us and Third Party Travel Providers (whose details and Travel Products appear on this Website).
"Third Party Travel Provider" means the company or person who provides you with the Travel Product on terms and conditions agreed with you.
"Travel Product" means the service or product provided by a Third Party Travel Provider, for example, an airline or a hotel.
means this website.
ANNEXURE TRAVEL TIPS FOR TRAVEL PRODUCTS
These tips are not legally binding terms and conditions.
should obtain and read the Third Party Travel Provider's terms and conditions
which are legally binding on you.
Passports, Visas and Health Requirements
Visas, including transit visas, are the passenger's own responsibility. For more information please log on to or . Please check with the respective Embassy or Consulate of each country that you are travelling to, as many destinations require visas for both Australians and non-Australian passport holders. For more information, log on to . You need to ensure that you have at least 6 months validity on your passport from the date of your departure return.
International travellers booked on flights to the United States, including Hawaii, it is now mandatory, under the Visa Waiver Program to receive an electronic authorisation known as ESTAA (Electronic System for Travel Authorisation) no less than 72 hours before travel to the USA. This can be obtained from the following Website: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/
your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of any health requirements for
your travel destinations. Vaccinations are strongly recommended for certain
destinations. You need to contact your local doctor who will advise you of
these requirements. Please note that vaccinations may be recommended some
period in advance of travelling.
recommend that you contact the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
or visit their website for
general travel advice, as well as specific advice (including safety alert
levels) relating to the destination you wish to visit. You can also register
your travel plans with DFAT, so that you may be more easily contacted in an
international and domestic departure, e-tickets will be issued upon payment and
completion of the booking process. In some instances, an e-ticket for flights
selected may not be able to be issued. Bookings that cannot be issued with
an e-ticket, will have to be changed to comply with e-ticket regulations. All
other travel documentation, such as hotels will be e-mailed to you as an
e-document. Should the Third Party Travel Provider issue paper vouchers, these
will be posted to you.
Frequent Flyers & Special Requests
For more information on whether your airfare is eligible for Frequent Flyer rewards, please contact the airline directly. When booking online, please ensure that you have entered your correct number in the special section featured in the booking engine. For bookings made by telephone via our Customer Service Team, please advise your Frequent Flyer details and these will be added to your reservation. We do not take any responsibility should an airline not register your trip. You should retain copies of your air ticket and boarding pass.
Special requests will be passed on to the Third Party Travel Provider but cannot be guaranteed.
In this document, “we”, “our” or “us” refers to The Well Connected Traveller registered in Australia with ABN 21 610 731 701.
information. It also explains how you may request to access and correct
your personal information and complain about a breach of your privacy. We
recommend that you review this policy regularly as we may amend it from time to
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
We collect personal information about you that is relevant to your travel arrangements or that will enable us to provide you with our goods and services. We may also collect information about you in order for you to register as a member, complete a travel profile, participate in a survey or promotion, ask a question or initiate a transaction on our website, over the phone, a mobile application or through a franchised agent.
For example, we may collect details such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and expiry date, and details of your flight, hotel and car bookings and other travel details.
We collect your personal information directly from you in the course of providing a product or service or when you have other dealings with us. For example, your personal information will be collected when you deal with us over the telephone, send us a letter or an email, visit our website, complete an online registration form, provide information to complete a booking or subscribe to a service provided by us.
also collect your personal information from others who make a booking on your
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information to:
you with travel products and services; consider your request for a product or
service; provide you with information about other products and services that
may be of interest to you including information about our business partners'
products and services. Please see the section titled 'MARKETING AND
PRIVACY' for further information; assist in arrangements and reservations
with suppliers (such as airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels
and insurance providers) in relation to the provision of a product or service;
collect and process payments, though us or a third party; perform all other
administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems
development and testing, staff training, and market or customer satisfaction
research); to facilitate your participation in loyalty programs; analyse how
our products and services (including any websites) are used; personalise the
service or communication we provide to you, tailor your experience on our
website or other websites to your interests and make more appropriate travel
recommendations; and investigate, detect and protect us and other third parties
against, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal
activities; See also the section titled 'COOKIES AND PIXEL TAGS'.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may disclose your personal information to:
of products or services which you have selected (such as airlines, tour
operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers); third
party travel service providers who assist in fulfilling the booking you have
made; our online booking facility operator and host and others who assist in
providing these services. We prohibit third parties from using your personal
information, except for the specific purpose for which we supply it; government
authorities in the event of an accident, disaster or emergency; and others
where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
CROSS-BORDER DATA FLOWS
The third parties we disclose your personal information to (our suppliers, travel service providers, call centre operator, website manager, cloud infrastructure and data centre providers) may be located overseas. Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to these overseas entities in connection with facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
COOKIES AND PIXEL TAGS
When you access our website, we may place cookies, pixels or other code on your computer to collect information about your usage of our website and information about the device you are using to access our website (Session Data). We use Session Data to help us recognise you when you visit our website again and better understand how our website is navigated to and used, so we can improve our website content and ease of use, personalise and improve your individual viewing experiences on our website and provide information that may be of interest to you. We may use service providers to collect Session Data on our behalf. Unless you specifically inform us of your identity (e.g., by registering with us or making a booking through us), we will not know who you are. A cookie is a small file on your computer which contains information that will enable us to recognise your browser next time you visit our website.
If you do not wish to use a cookie, you can adjust your browser settings to reject cookies or notify you when they are being used.
use pixel tags to monitor the open rate of our communications. This helps us
understand the effectiveness of communications we send. We do not use this
information for any other purpose.
visit certain sections of our website, Google Analytics, a website analytics
service provided by Google, Inc (“Google”), will place cookies on your
computer’s browser. The information generated by the cookies about your use of
our website is transmitted to Google. This information is then used for the
purpose of compiling statistical reports to enable us to measure and analyse
the number of visits to our website and its pages, the average time spent on
the site and the pages viewed. We will not (and will not allow any third party
to) use Google Analytics to track or to collect any personal data of visitors
any personal data from any source as part of our use of Google Analytics. You
may choose to opt-out of Google Analytics using the Google Analytics Opt-out
Browser Add-on which you may access here.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities, paper based facilities and other records. We will endeavour to take all reasonable precautions to maintain the security of the information in our systems. We use a combination of security measures to prevent the unauthorised access of our servers and regularly review our security policies. Your personal information will be stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by The Well Connected Traveller, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers.
payment pages on this website are encrypted using the internationally accepted
security system SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to encrypt all credit card payments
over the web. This means that the information from these pages are sent back to
our server in a secure fashion and adequately protected against known
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
to some exceptions contained in the Privacy Act, you can find out what personal
information we hold about you. You can contact us using the details in the
section titled 'CONTACT US' to find out about the personal information we hold
about you, or to update any of the information. We will need to verify your
identity before giving you access.
WHAT ABOUT SENSITIVE INFORMATION?
only collect your sensitive information with your consent and where it is
desirable for your travel arrangements. We will only use and disclose
your sensitive information for the primary purpose for which it was collected
or a purpose that is directly related to this primary purpose and reasonably
expected. Otherwise, we will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information
about you unless required to do so by law. Sensitive information, as defined by
law, is any information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political
opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or
affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association,
membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record,
health information, biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of
automated biometric verification or biometric identification or biometric
INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER TRAVELLERS
provide us with information about other people travelling with you (for
any privacy collection notices we provide you.
MARKETING AND PRIVACY
We may use your personal information to identify a product or service that you may be interested in. We may contact you from time to time to let you know about new or exciting products or services and special offers that may be of interest to you, including information about our business partners' products and services.
If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, please contact us using the details in the section titled 'CONTACT US' section below, or for emails, use the unsubscribe facility.
Third Party Advertising
We do not sell, rent or share our membership/participant lists on a
commercial basis to third parties.
from time to time monitor and review any information transmitted or received
through our website, or through e-mail communications, for quality assurance
and other purposes. We reserve the right to censor, edit, remove or prohibit
the transmission or receipt of any information that we deem inappropriate or in
violation of our terms and conditions. During monitoring the information may be
examined, recorded or copied.
click on a third party's link from our website, or from an ad for a third party
served by one of our service providers, you will enter that third party’s site,
over which we have no control. We are not responsible for third party sites.
You should carefully review the privacy statements of any other sites you
visit, because those privacy statements will apply to your visit to such other
If you wish to complain about our handling of your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
We will investigate all complaints and respond to you as soon as practicable. If we find a complaint justified, we will resolve it. If necessary, we will change our policies and procedures to maintain our high standards of performance, service and customer care.
If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, you may lodge a complaint with the Federal Privacy Commissioner. For more information on privacy, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s (OAIC's) hotline service on 1300 363 992 or visit the OAIC 's website at
If you have a privacy complaint or wish to correct, update or access the personal information that we hold about you, please contact us using the following details:
+61 8 9472 0936
The Well Connected Traveller
125 Burswood Road
Burswood WA 6100